Work at Home Tips: Using the Weebly Website Builder
The Weebly website builder is a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) application. Many reputable Internet experts have consistently ranked it as one of the best for over a decade. Let me share my experience.
♦ Using the Weebly Blogging Platform
To begin with, being completely honest, my first attempt at using the Weebly DIY tool was for a blog publication. I noticed that others had produced very nice looking blogs and decided to try it out. However, it did not work for me. But don’t let my failed attempt discourage you from signing up because other bloggers are publishing their blogs on Weebly with great success. Weebly Blog Examples.
♦ Why Use the Weebly Website Builder
The Weebly website builder has been included in various annually published official lists of “the Best of” as far back as 2007, and was ranked Number 3 in a list published by Site Builder Report: The Top 6 Website Builders for 2019 [40+ Reviewed].
Plus, like most companies, Weebly offers a free plan with various paid upgrades. Try it free and if you like it, make the investment.
♦ How to Use the Weebly Website Builder
Rather than publish a blog, I decided to create a one-page website that would serve as a “portal”. When visitors arrived at the home page, the external links would redirect traffic to my other websites and blogs which have already been up and running for a few years.
If you are a newbie do not despair. I built my Weebly website in 4 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Created home page (or landing page) to attract traffic. The page provides a brief Introduction describing the site’s aim and purpose.
- STEP 2: Created additional site pages using the external links feature. Those links redirect visitor traffic by leading them to my other monetized websites and blogs.
- STEP 3: Weebly lets you monetize your website, whether you are a free user or paid user. Google AdSense ads and affiliate referral ads were placed in strategic locations on the home page to generate income. (Tips on displaying multiple ads.)
- STEP 4: To help with publicizing my site, social media sharing buttons were also added. This makes it easy for the visitor to share my site with family and friends.
This is my final product. What do you think?
♦ For contrast and comparison, see examples of other websites created using different Do-It-Yourself website builders.
♦ For a different comparison, I used the WIX website builder to create an affiliate marketing site for health and beauty products. I am an authorized affiliate for many vendors in this industry. The app is sort of easy for an inexperienced non-geek person to use. This is the result.
♦♦ Related articles ♦♦
- 10 Weebly Websites That’ll Make You Go Wow!
- 45+ Stunning Examples of Websites Using Weebly (2019)
- Blogger vs. WordPress vs. Weebly: How to choose the right platform – ShareThis
- Weebly Review – Free Value Trade for Everyone